Bio: Gregory Pierce’s New About Page
When Oregon-based travel photographer Gregory Pierce came to us for a new bio, I was happy to help him put his creative vision and personality into words. He was redoing his website and branding at the time, so, of course, needed a fresh bio to go with it.
I began by sending over a questionnaire, which I catered to Gregory's work and what I already knew about him. We then had a short phone conversation so that I could really get a sense of the direction he was envisioning for the bio. See the questions below.
- How did you get into photography?
- What inspires you?
- What attracts you to architecture and high-end resort/hotel work?
- What do you think sets you apart from other high-end hotel/resort/architecture photographers?
- Do you have certain assistants/techs, etc. that you work with on a regular basis?
- How would you describe your personality?
- Any fun facts about yourself?
Gregory responded promptly, and I had a good amount of information to run with for the first draft of the bio, which ended up being the only draft! I made sure that the bio really conveyed his passion for travel, as well as his skills and what makes him unique.
Here's what we came up with:
We also took a look at his client list to make sure he was showing the best ones, but not an overwhelming amount. Greg was very happy, saying "that made me smile, Liz. Well done! I honestly can't think of anything to make it better." As a writer, there's nothing better than getting it right on the first try!