Based in Charlotte, North Carolina
I didn’t plan to be a photographer when I was a kid – I thought I’d be a veterinarian, an ad man on Madison Ave (hello, Don Draper!), or an astronaut. You know, the usual. But, I picked up a camera while in the army, and the rest, as they say, is history.
My photography resume is long and diverse – at different times, I have been a conflict, newspaper, sports, lifestyle, fashion, portrait, feature and food photographer. I have lived and worked in NYC, LA, Miami, DC, Phoenix, Harrisburg, PA, and for the last 11 years, Charlotte. All of these locations and experiences through my career have shaped my perspective.
I capture real moments, tell rich stories, and make people and products look great for brands, magazines and ad agencies. My work is real, relatable, honest and authentic. Whether everyday people or hired talent, I have a natural ability to make people comfortable in front of my lens. We have fun on my shoots, I don’t yell, and, on the best days, we eat NC BBQ.
I live with my wife and 3 rescue dogs on an acre within the Charlotte city limits that we bought (mostly) for the dogs. When not out shooting, you can usually find me working on personal projects, or exploring a new hobby, or fly fishing for anything that swims.
Some fun facts about me below – the rest you need to learn for yourself. So, let’s work together!
• I drink a LOT of iced tea and there will always be some on set
• I was a Paratrooper in the US Army and have over 75 jumps
• I have seen every episode of Law and Order (go head, challenge me!)
• I will travel almost anywhere, anytime to eat BBQ
• Every fish I catch is released alive to live another day
• I have counted over 25 species of birds at our yard feeders
• I hiked over 700 miles of the Appalachian Trail in one trip